The result of over 10 years of proven leadership in multimodular test platforms, the FTB-500 a whole new spectrum of network testing possibilities, a whole new testing paradigm: more advanced applications, faster setups, test cycles and reporting, wireless communication and reporting, and universal compatibility with all EXFO FTB modules, past, present and future.
Designed for network experts, this high-end, highly evolutive platform enables true next-generation network testing.
Shape it as you see fit.
Massive processing power. Mix-and-match flexibility. Right out of multi-application wonderland.
The FTB-500 platform brings you new, highly advanced applications and pushes your current ones’ efficiency to new heights. So go ahead: break new grounds, set new test performance standards, tame new technologies. Benefit from an all-in-one platform that you can build around your most unique requirements.
- Distributed PMD analysis Single-ended, span-by-span measurement of PMD, enabling targeted fiber upgrades and cost-effective deployment of 10, 40 and 100 Gbit/s transmission.
- Full fiber characterization PMD, CD and OTDR testing combined in a single solution, for in-depth fiber characterization. Run FastReporter post-processing software while performing your acquisitions, for faster data analysis and report generation—directly on-site.
- ROADM/POTS and 40 Gbit/s testing
- Integrated optical and transport testing in a portable solution supporting OC-768, STM-256, OTU3 as well as true in-band OSNR for ROADMs, 40G transmission and UDWDM signals.
- All-in-one transport and datacom configuration supporting:
- DS0/E0 to OC-768/STM-256
- OTU1/OTU2/OTU3/OTU1e/OTU2e with FEC
- 10/100M, Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet (LAN/WAN)
- 1x/2x/4x/10x Fibre Channel
- Next-generation SONET/SDH (GFP, LO/HO VCAT and LCAS)
- 100 Gbit/s testing applications The most advanced hardware, ready for future 100 Gbit/s applications.
A broader scope of tests. A broader range of modules. A breadth of fresh air.
The all-new FTB-500 houses any of EXFO’s FTB plug-and-play modules, enabling you to reconfigure your test solution as your test needs evolve. Combine physical and optical characterization applications with transport and datacom test modules covering next-generation 10G, 40G and 100G analysis.
- Optical test modules: choose from the industry’s most renowned line of OTDRs and most advanced dispersion analyzers
- Transport and datacom test modules: discover the most compact and powerful SONET/SDH, OTN, Fibre Channel and Ethernet analyzers—the new standards in next-generation network testing
Enjoy testing at your swift pace.
Faster setups. Faster testing. Faster everything.
When you’re ready to start your day, you want to be able to actually start it—quick. The FTB-500 “understands” this, as it lets you expedite the setup process and get down to testing, so you can get to your next location faster and breathe through your tight day-to-day schedule.
Generate your reports. Shut down the platform. Go straight home.
Running on Windows XP, the FTB-500 platform allows you to generate reports in the field, without having to use a desktop PC. Thanks to the FastReporter post-processing and reporting software, you can perform total fiber characterization, launch a report on-site combining PMD, CD and OTDR results, and be done.
Designed for portability. Manageability. Viewability. In short, for easy-ability.
The field brings its fair share of challenges: hard-to-reach locations, dark environments, rain, cold, sunlit environments and other conditions that can complicate your job. Designed to deliver a new level of user-friendliness, the FTB-500 makes it all much easier.
- Conveniently located handles and first-class ergonomics, for easy carrying and operation
- Angled stance for easier viewing of results
- Easily accessible ports and stylus
Allow the world to connect with you.
Downloadable tutorials. Real-time information portal. Just like bringing along your team of experts.
When a question arises, you need answers, easily accessible. The FTB-500 lets you download and view tutorials directly on its screen. It also lets you access EXFO’s Next-Gen Networking Blog, which explores the latest test approaches and provides key insight into commonly encountered testing challenges. Keeping in touch with up-to-the-minute expertise has never been easier.
It’s your platform. You control it. Whether you’re on-site or not.
Sometimes, there is just no way around it: you need to be in two places at the same time, carrying out test cycles on-site, and overseeing the operations from a remote location. Which is exactly what the FTB-500 enables, using Windows-based remote desktop capabilities as well as VNC.
Universal, wireless connectivity. Total reporting freedom. No strings attached.
Whether you are downtown or in the middle of nowhere, you can transmit your test results as soon as you’re ready. Because the FTB-500 is also ready—for wireless communication, that is. Send you reports either through mobile networking, or Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection, and share your files whenever you need to.
Let others take the risk.
Modular platform design expertise. Proven innovation leadership. Leap into next-gen—with a safety net.
Having pioneered the modular testing approach over 10 years ago, EXFO has established itself as the proven leader in multimodule network test platforms. Combined with our steadfast focus on market-driven innovation, this makes the FTB-500 the most advanced and reliable test platform for today’s network experts.
Backward compatible. Forward compatible. What an evolutive platform should be.
Designed to secure both your past and future investments, the FTB-500 can house any of EXFO’s FTB modules—the tried and tested ones that you already own, as well as next-generation modules that will be available in the future. Plus, its open architecture allows for frequent software and hardware upgrades, enabling your platform to evolve with your testing needs and helping you make the most of your investment. Shouldn’t boundless testing capabilities come with unlimited value for your money?